Energy Efficient Windows
All building lose heat through their windows and doors. But energy-efficient windows keeps your home warmer and quieter as well as reducing your energy bills. That might mean double or triple glazing, secondary glazing, or Low emission glasses.
The benefits of energy-efficient windows
- Smaller energy bills: replacing all single-glazed windows with double glazingcould save you around 20% on your energy bills.
- A smaller carbon footprint: by using less fuel, you’ll generate less of the carbon dioxide that leads to global warming – typically, 680kg a year.
- A more comfortable home: energy-efficient glazing reduces heat loss through windows and means fewer draughts and cold spots.
- Peace and quiet: as well as keeping the heat in, energy efficient-windows insulate your home against outside noise.
- Reduced condensation: energy-efficient glazing reduces condensation build-up on the inside of windows.
The costs and savings for energy-efficient windows and doors will be different for each home, depending on the size, material and installation.